Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The Country Sampler......





....in Spring Green, Wisconsin is one of the very best quilt shops I've ever visited.  For my preference, it was divine!!!


President Lincoln welcomed us to the retreat on the first day. Our teachers Carol and Linda are seated in the front row.


This is the kit which was waiting for us at our sewing stations.


The kit was for this beautiful quilt which was designed by Carol Hopkins, who was also our teacher.


This retreat which is held every year during the summer is called, Grand Old Flag.


This marvelous stitchery designed and taught by Linda Lautenschlager, is stunning.  I hope to get started on it one day.  This year I just enjoyed the shop, the amazing women who attended, and I finished the quilt which I started at last years retreat.




Quilts and stitchery samples abound throughout the store......it is a feast for the eyes!  I feel warm and cozy and my heart feels at rest here.


I love the Lady of the Lake quilt block used in this quilt.





I fell in love with this stitchery in the bottom of this stitching basket.


The sweet little bed which we made and brought home from last years retreat.


Most all of the quilts in the store have been quilted with an all over small stipple, which looks wonderful after the quilt has been washed.  I like the old look this gives the quilts.


The store also has wonderful home décor.


I just completed reading The Shoemaker's Wife by   Adriana, Trigiani.  I would highly recommend it.  The novel is beautifully written.  I wasn't ready for it to be finished.  The thought for today came from this book.  "Beware the things of this world that can mean everything or nothing."

3 comments:

  1. Norma I agree - a fabulous shop! A few of us were there last fall. So glad you mentioned the quilting on all the quilts in the shop! I fell in love with it. It just changed the feel of each quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had fun at Country Sampler! One of my favorite shops as well. I'm heading up soon for Stitch Camp and cannot wait!
    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous that you got to go to Spring Green. It's on my bucket list but so it seeing the Northern Lights. Sigh~

    ReplyDelete